July 14, 2016

Effortless Summer Beauty Products

I make it no secret that I have grown quite lazy when it comes to my beauty routine in the summer. It's hot, I'm sweaty, and I just don't want to feel a whole lot of products on my skin. I'm all about minimalist beauty in the summer. 
I skip foundation all together in the summer, and instead focus on moisturizing and protecting my skin. I always start off with a clean face, and a nice layer of my Origins GinZing Energy-Boosting Moisturizer. The light citrus scent is so yummy, and the light creamy texture hydrates my skin without being too heavy. Protecting my skin from the sun is also very important. Every single day I apply a thin layer of sunscreen to my skin. I received a sample of the Tarte Tarteguard 30 Sunscreen Lotion in a Sephora Play! box last month, and I have been loving it. The light floral scent and non-stick formula make this a real star. It's perfect for days on the go when you will be exposed to the sun a bit. I would probably use a thicker and more heavy duty sunscreen if I was going to the beach or spending a full day outside. 

I have sparse eyebrows, so filling in my brows is a must. I've been using the Anastasia Brow Definer in the shade Soft Brown for months now, and it is honestly the best pencil I have ever used. It makes shaping and defining my brows wicked easy, and gives a natural look. I lock everything in with the Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow Volumizing Fiber Gel in the shade 3-Medium. This shade is universally flattering, and doesn't clash with my red hair and medium brown brows. The fibers in the gel give my sparse brows a bit of a lift, and help to really fill in areas to make them look more natural. 

I finish everything off with a quick curling or my lashes and a coat or two of mascara. I am still loving the COVERGIRL The Super Sizer Waterproof Mascara. The waterproof formula doesn't smudge with my oily skin or flake. It also is perfect for impromptu swimming sessions or trips to the beach. 

Let me know in a comment below which products you reach for during the summer to achieve your effortless look!


1 comment:

  1. Girl I reach for Milani Luminous baked blush and use it as shadow and blush!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!