August 19, 2015

Review: Formula 10.0.6 Down to The Pore Blackhead Banishing Pore Strips

Hello my loves! I hope each of you is having a fantastic day. I've been having a pretty low key day, and have just gotten back from running errands. I know, super glamorous, right?

Today, we are talking skincare. I've never been a skincare person, but as I get older I have been trying to educate myself on how to treat my skin right. I have oily skin and tend to get blackheads and clogged pores on my nose. Pore strips have become an essential to my skincare routine. I have religiously used the Biore strips for years, but I decided to branch out when I went to Ulta this past week and try something new. I have tried other products from Formula 10.0.6, and decided to give their Down to The Pore Blackhead Banishing Pore Strips a try.

Pore strips are both oddly satisfying and wicked gross. They are meant to grab out impurities and dirt from your pores to help clean them out. My pores get clogged quite easily, so it's important that I use pore strips regularly to keep them from getting out of hand.
The package contains 6 pore strips that are designed to fit around the nose. The strips are made with tea tree oil and kaolin, which are meant to minimize the appearance of pores. I've used tea tree oil in the past to treat my acne, and I love it.
The application process is super simple. All you have to do is dampen your nose area with water and apply the strip. Think, elementary school paper mache. I find that these work best if you don't touch them during the drying process. Excessive touching can cause they to slip, and it actually makes a big sticky mess which is not good. Leave it on for about 10-15 minutes, and you are all set! Seriously, it's that simple!

Now, for the gross part. Removing the pore strips has always been satisfying for me. I am one of those weird people that likes to look at the strip after I peel it off to see how much gunk it was able to remove. Does anyone else find this satisfying? Just me?

I'm extremely satisfied with these pore strips, and I actually think they work a bit better than the Biore ones. It might have to do with the tea tree oil, but I've noticed that my skin doesn't get clogged as easily when I use these. Plus, they are a steal at only $5.99. 

2 comments:

  1. I just tried them, and I felt it was ripping of my face when I was removing it.
    Did I do something wrong?
    It's seriously itching and stinging like hell...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might be having a reaction to them. I've never had that issue with them.

      Delete

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!