November 1, 2013

How to Get Free Beauty Products and Samples!

Hello everyone! Boy do I have a lengthy post for you today. As a college student and beauty blogger I know how hard it can be afford or try out the latest beauty products. It's like you want to try everything, but your wallet is bringing you back to reality. I was raised to always look for a bargain so you best believe that I use that attitude when it comes to beauty products. I have compiled a list of my money saving tips that I hope can help some of you guys out. 
Let's get started!

My haul from the past 3 months. I had a lot more, but I have been using them!
 Tips

1. Visit Free Sample Websites
There are so many websites that you can find free samples on. The first websites I check are Target and Walmart. They both offer samples of various things from face wash, shampoo, and laundry detergent. The products that they sample vary, and new ones are available all the time. Another route you can take are websites that are dedicated to finding samples from all over the internet and putting them on one page. This can sometimes be tricky as some websites are bogus and are just stealing your information. The best website I have found so far is Scam Free Samples. They have a ton of samples that you can choose from and they have a lot of categories to chose from.

2. Keep a Lookout For Facebook and Twitter Deals
Always look on Facebook and Twitter for deals! I have been able to get so many free products this way. Bath & Bodyworks is notorious for giving away free products using offers off of their Facebook page. In the past month I have been able to get a full size body wash and travel size lotion. I always "like" or "follow" the pages of my favorite shops and brands so that I can just scroll through my newsfeed or timeline to find the deals. 

3. Enter Facebook and Twitter Competitions
I use to ignore Facebook and Twitter competitions, but recently I have started entering and I have already won 3 competitions. In order to stay up-to-date with all of the competitions it is important to "like" and "follow" companies and magazines who always have competitions going. I like to keep an out whenever I know that a company is having a new line come out as they usually have a giveaway of the whole line. Other competitions might require you to take a creative Instagram photo. Think about it, all you have to do is snap a photo and you could win a free full sized product!

4. Try Couponing
I use to think that couponing was for old people, but boy was I wrong. You can get some serious deals with coupons these days. It takes some research, but it's worth it if you can save money on your favorite products. I always visit company websites to see if some of my favorite brands have a coupon on any of the products I am looking to buy. Then I visit sites for CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid, Walmart, Target, etc. I try to find the store that has the best deal so that I can use my coupon there to get even more savings. In the past few months I have been able to get quite a few razors, shave gel, and nail polish for close to nothing or free this way. Always check store policies when doubling up this way. Each store has a different policy on coupons.

5. Influenster
I have known about Influenster for quite some time, but it took me until recently to give it a try. Influenster is a website where you take surveys and give products reviews in exchange for an opportunity to receive a box filled with free samples and full sized products from popular companies. The only thing that Influenster asks in return is that you talk about the products on social media. It's that simple! I received my first box not too long ago (you can read about it here) and I was quite impressed with it. It's such an easy and simple way to try out different products for free. I highly recommend giving this a try if you have a large social media presence.  

I hope you guys enjoyed reading this post. I put quite a bit of work into finding the products and reputable websites. It was so much fun hunting for deals and bargains, and it was even more fun to know that I was spending little to nothing to get these products and samples.

What are your money saving tips and tricks? Let me know in a comment below!

xoxo,

Meaghan

2 comments:

  1. Awesome topic for a post. I'm a big fan of mailbox freebies too - I often forget which ones I've signed up for so it's like getting a surprise present when they arrive! :) I agree that it's totally worth entering FB and Twitter giveaways... I've won a number of full-size makeup or hair-care products that way, not to mention a few gift cards over the years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I always forget when I send away for things so it's like Christmas every few weeks. FB and Twitter giveaways are the best! They are such an easy way to get a chance to try out a companies new line or product. Thanks for reading! Xx

      Delete

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!